1. Personal Data
You may provide data and information about yourself, your organization, your employees, your clients and/or any third partiesto enable us to enter into transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services and/or requests in connection with our services and business.
Such personal data may include but not limited to information such as name, national registration identity card number, passport number, age, contact number, residential address, e-mail address, birth date, gender, occupation, designation, bank account details, information of spouse/ children such as name and birth date, information as to physical or mental health, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, the commission or alleged commission of an offence and other such data necessary for the performance of our services to you (“Personal Data”).
1. Purpose of Collection, Use and Processing
Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, among others, the following purposes:
1. provision of our services, conduct of our business and any other incidental matters relating to our services and operation;
2. client relationship management (including sending updates, information relating to our services and business, services offered by third parties, events invitation, newsletters or publications and marketing material);
3. obtaining feedback for participation of our events or our services;
4. submission to entities such as the Legal 500, Asialaw, Asian Legal Business, Chambers and Partners, etc for evaluation and ranking of our legal services and law firm;
5. regulatory compliance and internal record keeping;
6. managing or terminating employment relationships and for evaluative purposes with respect to employees;
7. evaluating and processing employment applications; and
8. all other purposes necessary and/or incidental to our business and all purposes necessary for or related to any of the above purposes.
9. Disclosure and Transfer of Data
Personal Data may be disclosed to, among others, our employees, any of our existing or future related, affiliated or associated companies/parties or to any other third parties such as auditors, professional consultants or advisors (including other law firms), accountants, agents, service providers, insurers, Bar Council, governmental bodies and authorities or any other third parties as may determine to be necessary or appropriate in order to satisfy the purposes for which the Personal Data have been collected.
Personal Data may also be transferred outside Malaysia in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA.
4. Consequences for Not Providing Personal Data
In any event, you fail to consent the processing of your Personal Data by us, we may not able to:
1. provide the services requested;
2. respond or handle any of your queries and requests; and
3. send updates, information relating to our services and business, services offered by third parties, events invitation, newsletters or publications and marketing material.
4. Choices and Rights of Access and Correction
You may also withdraw your consent or restrict the purposes and methods in which we process your Personal Data and the personal data relating to other persons who may be identified from your Personal Data.
You have the right to request access to and correction of Personal Data held by us by virtue of the provisions of the PDPA. Subject to the fee payable and the provisions of PDPA, you may request access to your Personal Data and check whether any of your Personal Data is being processed. You may also request that we correct any Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
Requests in writing for access to Personal Data or correction of Personal Data should be made to:
Chung Chambers Advocates & Solicitors
Address: Unit 1.2, Level 1, Wisma Leader, No. 8 Jalan Larut, 10050 Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia
Phone: +604-2262755Email: email@example.com
6. Personal Data Protection and Privacy Notice
The Personal Data Protection and Privacy Notice will be reviewed and updated from time to time to reflect the changes in law and/or regulatory compliance practices. You may request the latest version of the same, if any, by contacting us or visiting our website: www.chungchambers.com. By continuing to instruct us, you are deemed to have accepted this Personal Data Protection and Privacy Notice and the revised and updated version (if any) and consented to the processing of your Personal Data.